Thursday, May 17, 2012

blah...

I've noticed that I blog a lot more when I'm feeling anxious. Kind of like right now.

This exam is stressing me out so much. I've studied for four hours today, and two yesterday, with some regular prepping for class sessions every day this term, but I don't feel like it's enough.

I don't know what I'm supposed to know! I don't know the format, I don't have any clue about the types of questions that will be on the exam, I don't know how to give good answers.

...thank goodness for good things...

...for my dog Misty, who has spent the whole day with me
...for Alyssa, who made the shift enjoyable
...for Brianna, who visited me at work and brought me beautiful pink flowers in a mason jar with an orange ribbon (love the ribbon so much)
...for Taco Bell, which has cheap food (even though I had to force myself not to think about what I was eating -- it's a lot better in my imagination than it is in my mouth. You can feel the calories -- sick)
...for my dad, who called me again tonight
...for silly temporary tattoos, Iron Man flying across my right collar bone (I'm such a rebel)
...for hot showers, because no one has been home to run any water all day
...for clean sheets, which smell so good and are so soft
...for parties to look forward to this weekend

Because even though I'm an emotional wreck, good things still happen.


Still...emotional wreck. I hate feeling so unprepared for an exam, especially after I've spent so much time with the material. Ugh. Whatever. Sleeping pill time. After 12pm tomorrow, the exam will be over and that will be that. Joy.

No comments: