Sunday, May 6, 2012

pen-pal...

My PartyLand buddy and partner in adventure moved away to Idaho in April. It's been easier than I thought it would be in some ways. It's probably because I don't have a lot of time for missing anyone. There's hardly time to sleep!

He surprised me with an email earlier this week. I sent his last paycheck to him in the mail and a week later I sent a follow-up text because who knows if I actually got the correct address. I didn't get a text back, but a legit email. Which is funny to me because 1) he never gets on Facebook and 2) he seemed to want little connection to anything home related.

He did get the check, by the way.

Now we have some semblance of a pen-pal friendship. He writes, I write back, he writes again, you know how it works. It's fun, getting an alert on my phone telling me that I have a message waiting for me. I am just oh so connected -- I get 150 characters and spaces of whatever he's written as a preview, and then the wondering about what else he said begins until I can get on a computer.

I shouldn't worry about this, but of course, I have to. My friend once told me that I'm the type of person who has to find something to worry about, even if it means worrying about not having anything to worry about. 7 months of friendship and he knows me well -- sometimes it's annoying. Most times it's not so bad. Anyway -- I worry because , what happens when I have nothing interesting to say? I don't want to waste his time...if I'm busy, then he's out of control unavailable (which is one of the reasons why his emails mean a lot to me, since he takes the time out of his studying to write back).

I also worry...and this is stupid...but...what if he stops writing back?

Whatever. It doesn't matter.

No comments: